The key value of a vertically integrated system like Strategic’s manufacturing facility is that customer’s parts do not have to travel between vendors. Mechanical assembly is an important part of our process family, as it further facilitates onsite completion of finishing work.
Often times plastic parts will need threaded inserts installed after molding, screws driven, or screen welded into place. Frequently, two injection-molded parts must be joined into one single unit. These types of finishing operations traditionally require movement of the parts from the molder to an assembly location, and from an assembly location to the finishing house.
Strategic offers an array of assembly options to help reduce wasteful transport costs and unnecessary stop-overs for your parts.Our assembly services include:
• Dukane ultrasonic welding and insertion systems can provide variable-height insertion, plastics welding, and ultrasonic-staking.
• HIOS torque-drivers enable the precision installation of screws and other
components to specific torque setting.
• Custom-built heat-stake systems for large parts, large runs, or other unique applications.
• Light-pipe installation via heat-stake or adhesive application.
• Product customization including installation of emblems, removal of un-needed plastic, milling holes in cases for access to custom components, and the installation of such components.
• Subcomponent installation including latches, springs, magnets, fans, mylars, machined parts, stamped sheet metal pieces, and more.